Sunday, October 18, 2009

NFL Picks - Week 6

Another sunday, and another great day of NFL games. Here are the picks.

Kansas City over Washington (-6)
This just feels like the "black hole" of the weekend. Why do I have to pick this game? Can I just say "No Contest" or something? Maybe Washington will win by six and we can all just forget this game ever happened. Ok? Good.

Houston over Cincinnati (-4.5)
I have to, ok? I don't want to, but I have to. So stop judging me by my preseason sleeper pick. I can still see you judging me. STOP IT.

Pittsburgh (-14) over Cleveland
Polamalu is back, and Willie Parker isn't. Those are both fantastic signs for the Steelers if they want to get back to their winning ways. Troy gives the defense the spark it needs, and Mendenhall starting makes the offense what it was when the Bus was running the ball in the '90s. Plus, the Steelers are FINALLY realizing that Heath Miller is one of the best tight end's in the game, I think he'll have a huge day.

Minnesota (-3) over Baltimore
Baltimore's defense just hasn't been as good this year, it's that simple. Aside from Ray Lewis being a man-child against Darren Sproles, the Ravens "D" hasn't impressed me. And they've got another tough matchup against a very scary offense (and team altogether) in the Dome.

St. Louis over Jacksonville (-9.5)
Ugh. Another black spot on an otherwise great day of games. Bulger's back, and I still think Steven Jackson is a freak, so we'll go with the Rams.

N.Y. Giants over New Orleans (-3)
To be the beast of the NFC, the Saints need to beat the Giants, and even though their defense is much improved, I still think New York wins this game by a few. Although I expect there to be a ton of points scored by both teams. It's great for the NFL that the Saints are good again though, they're fun to watch.

Tampa Bay over Carolina (-3)
Another vacuum of energy. Let's move on.

Green Bay (-14) over Detroit
Aaron Rodgers has been great, and his refusal to blast his "holy" offensive line shows much more about who will be the leader of this team for a very long time. And not to mention he's my fantasy quarterback. So what I'm trying to tell you is that I'm starting an Air-Rod fan club, and everyone's invited.

Philadelphia (-14.5) over Oakland
This line can't be high enough. Antonio Pierce said all you need to know about the Raiders.

Arizona over Seattle (-3)
The Cardinals have been better of late, and I think they'll run the ball effectively this week to control the clock. They have to. If they don't, a healthier Matt Hasselbeck is going to throw for five touchdowns.

N.Y. Jets (-9.5) over Buffalo
Buffalo has quietly been one of the most awful teams in the league. Trent Edwards is no professional quarterback, and the Bills defense has been bad as well. Double Whammy for a Jets win. Side note: Braylon Edwards' big game last week won me a fantasy match-up by one point. One. I never thought I'd say it, but thank God for Braylon Edwards.

New England (-9.5) over Tennessee
I said it last week, and I'll say it again. The Titans were overrated last year, and they lost their best player on defense, so how did people expect them to be good in 2009? Beats me.

Atlanta (-3.5) over Chicago
I love Matt Ryan. And more importantly, I love Roddy White for his 200+ yard explosion last week. Thanks for answering my request for catches and touchdowns, Roddy. You da man.

Denver over San Diego (-3.5)
I BELIEVE!!! I BELIEVE IN KYLE ORTON!!! Basically, Orton's great game last week validated my entire blog. And if you aren't willing to read my predictions after that wonderful showing, go read another one. But just remember, you've lost my trust, and "The Winner" will come for you. And he will beat you.

Last week: 7-7
Overall: 45-31

It's about to be a really fun day of football. Enjoy! Thanks for readin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment