Friday, October 9, 2009

NCAA Big Game Pick 'Em - Week 6


Have I mentioned that I love college football? If this season has taught me anything, it's that I'm 90 percent positive I like the college game more than I like the NFL. Crazy! I know. I thought that'd never happen. But this season, I'm watching more football than ever and I enjoy Saturday football for the same reasons I like NCAA basketball better than the NBA. Top to bottom, the atmosphere is simply better. Sure, it's tough to beat a Monday Night game at the Metrodome (circa last week, what an incredible atmosphere that was), but even the crowds at small college games are better than the 20,000 that the Lions usually draw, but I can watch college games almost every day of the week, and that puts me over the top.
Anyway, I had a great week picking games last week, going 5-2, so I'll try to keep the hot streak going this week.

Georgia Bulldogs - 20 Tennessee Volunteers - 10
Because I have no basis for this pick other than a hunch, but gosh I love Eric Berry, Lane Kiffin and Volunteer Stadium.

Pittsburgh Panthers - 30 Connecticut Huskies - 20
Because I swear I'm not a homer, and because if Dave Wannstedt doesn't win the Big East in 2009, he may not be the coach of the Panthers in '10.

Florida Gators - 27 LSU Tigers - 13
Even without Tebow, LSU is overrated, and Florida is a great defensive team.

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets - 34 Florida State Seminoles - 24
I picked them to win the ACC, right?

UPSET SPECIAL!!!
Michigan Wolverines - 24 Iowa Hawkeyes - 20
I am fully on board the Tate Forcier train. I'd be surprised if I picked against the Wolverines for the rest of the season. Seriously.

Thanks for reading!

Last week: 5-2
Overall: 17-9

No comments:

Post a Comment