Friday, November 13, 2009

NCAA Big Game Pick 'Em - Week 10

What do you think? Can we please get some separation in college football? Can anyone win convincingly? On the brighter side (as is the title of my blog), I've been sneakily good picking the college game in 2009, and I'll keep it going in week 10.

#20 Wisconsin Badgers - 31 Michigan Wolverines - 23

I can't believe I'm picking against the Forcier's (I haven't done it all season), but RichRod's team is simply struggling, especially on the defensive side of the ball. And not to mention Wisconsin's nearly unbeatable at home.

#11 Ohio State Buckeyes - 23 Iowa Hawkeyes - 14

With Stanzi out, the Hawkeyes lose more than their quarterback. They lose their offensive leadership. From what I saw of Vandenburg against Northwestern in limited time, I can't see Iowa scoring with ease against a Buckeyes defense just hitting their stride.

#17 Arizona Wildcats - 27 California Golden Bears - 10

I guess there's potential for a "team that's extra motivated wins with pure heart" victory for Cal after Jahvid Best's injury, and I haven't seen much of the Wildcats, but I don't think Cal will be able to move the ball very well without Best helping to move the ball with his electric feet.

#4 TCU Horned Frogs - 30 #16 Utah Utes - 14

The biggest game of the week won't even be close. Utah isn't anywhere near where they've been in the past, and TCU isn't about to let the Utes beat them twice in a row. I'm tellin' you, TCU for the National Championship. And on another note...without a clear-cut number-one contender for the Heisman, I think Kellen Moore deserves more credit than he's getting. Sure, I still think Mark Ingram should win it, but Moore's been terrific in 2009 and he needs to get a ton of votes.

#8 Pittsburgh Panthers - 27 Notre Dame Fighting Irish - 14

Sure, I'm from Pittsburgh, but I've never been a die-hard Panthers football fan (I'm more of a basketball guy), but I've seen my fair share of Pitt games this year, and they seriously look good. I covered a bunch of Panthers when they played high school ball (Jonathan Baldwin, Anthony Taglianetti), and I know the kind of athletic talent they possess. Baldwin, especially, has tremendous speed and leaping ability. Pitt and Cincinnati for the Big East title? That has best game of the year in the Big East written all over it.

Georgia Bulldogs - 17 Auburn Tigers - 13

I always love picking these games. You know, the "two mediocre, but evenly matched teams playing in a semi-meaningless conference game." In this thriller, Georgia's defense prevails.

Last week: 3-3
Overall: 36-19

Enjoy the weekend. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment